36.3 Miles Run
17.3 Miles Walk
5 Hours, 30 Minutes Elliptical
P90X: 13 Active Days + 2 Rest Days
- I’ve started the “Daily Daydream” series here on Daydreams and Shoestrings. My daydream list is just that…a list of adventures and places that would otherwise fill my bulletin boards, drawers, and notebooks. It includes rugged terrain and serene beaches, oceanic endeavors and oriental exploration — anything and everything that makes my heart beat faster. It is not a bucket list, there is no box to be checked, or expectation to be filled. It is a daily escape…and I hope you enjoy daydreaming with me!
- The hubby and I decided to start P90X. We made it through 2 weeks…then… life hit us – travel in Houston for a week – work presentations – you know the drill. I’m thinking that P90X in the summer wasn’t my best decision. I’ll continue to do a few of the exercises every now and again, but will try to pick the program back up in the winter! (What to Expect HERE) (Week 1 HERE)
- My hubby’s boss moved to Indonesia, so we attended a fun going-away party for him! I got to hear lots of stories from other work couples who have had the opportunity to live overseas and pray that our next assignment is international. I have been waiting a very long time to live in another country and experience other cultures! And just think of all the travel opportunities once you are there…my daydreams will become reality!
- I did another quick 2-day work trip to Houston. It is becoming my home away from home! On the plus side…I get to keep adding places to my Food Diary!
- We celebrated one of my good friend’s birthday at the BARLEY OAK - one of my all-time favorite places. What’s better than being surrounded by good friends at a pub on the lakefront ?!
- I also ended up the month by attending a team potluck dinner. So – those who know me pretty well know that I’m not really a good cook. I don’t experiment and I really only know how to make a few great dishes. Well, I got the bright idea to take my easy-to-make sausage cheese dip to the dinner, but literally had zero time to go home and make it at noon. And when I say easy-to-make, it’s literally putting the ingredients in the crock pot on high heat for a couple of hours – and viola! Well, being the smart, efficient person that I am, I decided to put everything in the crock pot at 6 am and keep it on low heat for 10 hours, until I could make it home. Umm…yeah…it burned. And boy was it a nasty smell!!! I, of course, had a back-up plan of picking up some awesome appetizers from a local Greek restaurant. However – my fabulous hold-nothing-back during worst cooking experience story-telling time, told the story. And it won me an AWESOME cookbook! And the title of ”Sorry, Jen, don’t quit your day job!”